Monday, January 22, 2007

Wii got a WE! Wait, scratch that, reverse it.



So princess surprised me on Friday with a Wii. We made a short trip to Bloomington for last minute party supplies on Friday morning. On the way, we stopped off at the local bowling alley so she could peddle her wares to the guys there. They all love the hemp hand cream, and most were running low. Also, I got a nice bonus check from work, so we had some extra scratch.

When we got home, she had to run out to K-Mart for some other last minute things. I had already been up pretty much since Wednesday @ 10 pm, so I was getting tired. She had a party Friday night, and we had a baby sitter lined up, so I was planning on going to bed when she got home.

"You'll probably want to stay up" she told me when she got home. It took a few minutes for me to realize what she meant (she basically had to hold the bag with the Wii in front of my face).

So, I spent the next few hours mucking around with the Wii. It's addicting. It came with a sports package game that has bowling, golf, baseball, tennis, and boxing. All are very cool, but they're mainly just demo style games without much substance. She also got a fishing game for it. Also, there's a virtual console that allows you to download and play older Nintendo games. Everything is so cool about the Wii.

So, I'm waiting for some upcoming birthdays to get some more games. I need to get the kids and princess involved in it, so far none of them have played it. Slea expressed some interest in playing, but so far hasn't. Maybe she'll get into the bowling first, since we had a discussion on the way down to Bloomington about how she was in a bowling league as a kid.

2 Comments:

Blogger princess slea said...

and tennis...i'm hoping it qualifies as exercize.

6:49 AM  
Blogger monkeybrigade said...

I've had a workout a few times. Tennis is rough. There's also a "fitness" game that rates you on how fit you are. I'm currently a 53 yo person...

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home