Monday, February 11, 2008

We're gonna need a smaller boat...


Roy Scheider died this weekend. He's one of those actors who I always liked. He seemed, in the movies, to be a cool, laid back kind of guy that had an explosive temper if provoked. It's weird, thinking back all those years, watching Jaws on Memorial Day weekend, knowing that movie almost by heart, how much I viewed him as a super hero just from that one role. He made it safe for me to go back into the water (even though I'm still terrified of the ocean).

3 Comments:

Blogger princess slea said...

sad, at least he didn't die of a drug overdose

1:14 PM  
Blogger flyingvan said...

We go to Hawaii often...The kids aren't scared of sharks. In fact we snorkle in 'Shark's Cove'. For every shark death, there are over 100 deaths caused by coconuts falling on people as they sleep under coconut trees. Nobody has nightmares about coconuts though

7:18 AM  
Blogger PreppyGirl said...

Roy Scheider died? Where the hell have I been? Bummer. I liked him too.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home