Monday, July 14, 2008

Craziness abounds...

Well, a week with PGirl, Galoot, Viking, PGirl Jr., and Galoot Jr. has me spent. Between working all night and partying all day I am done. No more beer for me, well at least for another day or two.
The toga party went well. For eats we had falafil, lamb, antipasto, bakalava (I always want to type "balaclava"), and other sides and dressings. It was my first time roasting a whole leg of lamb, and I did two, but I think it went well. Also, Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy tastes much better on tap. I think there's still a little left in the keg though. I also remember why I don't karaoke in public. Peter Cetera has a great voice, and it shouldn't be tainted by my drunken ramblings. The next time I sing, in public, I'll know what I shouldn't do. We may be getting a visit from the mayor at some point too, since he did a drive by of the party at least 3 times. Thankfully the cops never showed.
Also, I'm glad Slea and I stopped at 2 kids, 4 would be too much. It's cool seeing all of the kids playing together though, even if the noise is too much sometimes. I'm a very quiet kind of guy. I like there to be some semblence of peace in the house. Must be from so many years on third shift, I'm up at night and everyone else is sleeping.
Viking got me hooked on the best/worst game ever. Be sure to look up "Rumble Roses" next time you're looking for a game to rent. Galoot on the other hand, has a second career as a criminal lined up in the future. He seemed to enjoy taking potshots at cops from roofs in Grand Theft Auto. I prefer driving cars until they blow up, but that's just me.
Finally, I completed the EMT-I program and got my license last week. I already had my cherry popped too. An inmate was having an MI and I watched it happen on the cardiac monitor. Pretty cool stuff, for me not him.
Pics and stuff in the next post.

1 Comments:

Blogger flyingvan said...

I can tell you from my time as a SWAT medic----Don't try eating a balaclava for dessert, and don't stuff a baklava in your tactical go-bag. Balaclavas don't taste very good and baklava will get your gear really sticky.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home